Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Fierce Dragon

Hey y'all!  I worked a shorter day yesterday and I had just enough time to eke out a quick card before I went to pick Ryan up.  Here is today's card:


My parade of retired schtuff continues ;)  I'm entering this in a couple of challenges; first up is As You See It:







The first animal that popped in my head when I saw this challenge was a dragon, so that's what I went with.  Dragons are my favorite mythological animal...dogs are my favorite pets...my favorite shirt has a llama on it...foxes are my favorite forest dwellers.  So it's hard to pick just one favorite animal!  And of course I could pick out favorite animals for a lot of my friends and family too, but I only have so much time to make cards.

I used the sketch from Fusion:


And paired it with the colors from the Paper Players:


I had never colored the dragon red before, which seemed like an egregious oversight on my part, and I thought a red-and-yellow dragon would be nice.  I admit that I was stumped for a bit on how to incorporate the Old Olive but I got there in the end (the scales on his tummy shade to Old Olive, and his spines are Old Olive as well...the flash kind of washed that bit out when I took the picture).  And how awesome is that FIERCE sentiment with the dragon image?!  Thank you Wild Cats stamp set!

Hope your week is off to a good start.  Go forth and conquer!

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  Magical Day, Wild Cats
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Shimmery White, See a Silhouette DSP, Ice Cream Corner DSP
Accessories:  Magical Mates dies, Starburst dies, Tags & Labels Collection dies, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I agree these are perfect colors for your dragon! The mix of patterns for your background are so fun and the sentiment is just fabulous! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Heather Cooper said...

Who says it can't be a mythical animal? I never thought about dragons, but they are epic animals for a Zoology challenge! The colours and patterns you chose are perfect for a dragon as well! Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Coming from Wales, dragons are naturally red to me so I think this is the perfect choice both for our colours and the animal challenge! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players and As You See It this week!

Claire Grantham said...

Hahahaha, yes you are! My Dragon loving Aunt would be over the moon to receive this! I love the colour palette and the different textures. Thanks for joining us at Fusion challenge this time. Claire DT.

Tristan said...

Fun card Christy. Great way to use up old products. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion Challenge. tristan Dt.

Jan Clothier said...

A dragon - great animal to choose! Love the sectioned background. Thanks for playing along with us at both As You See It and Retro Rubber.

LeAnne said...

RAWR! What a great image and fun background you've created for your dragon! Great job on our As You See It and Retro Rubber challenges this week!