Tuesday, August 31, 2021

SUO Challenges: Fun Folds

Gooooood morning stampy friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?


This time around, we're asking you to make a card with a fun fold!  I must admit, I found this to be a challenge as I rarely make anything but a standard A2 card--I don't even much like doing square cards!  But I thought for a bit and eventually decided to make a bridge card.


I first made bridge cards in 2017 (you can see them here and here), and I used a tutorial on Lyssa Zwolanek's blog.  Basically, you start with a piece of cardstock that is 4.25" tall and 8" wide.  Score at 1.25" from either end (the long way), then flip the cardstock over and score again at 2.5" in from either end, so you have a mountain fold and a valley fold on either side.  The bridge piece is 1.25" by 5.5".  Then you just decorate the panels as desired.  What took me the longest was deciding which pieces of the gorgeous Blackberry Beauty DSP to use!  The flower accent and the piece I stamped the sentiment on are both from the Blackberry Beauty Ephemera Pack.  I've never bought one of those before but I just loved the colors and patterns in this suite so much that I had to get it too.  I added a piece of white cardstock to the back of the middle panel and that's where I wrote the message to the recipient--this card has already been mailed off.

Now it's your turn.  Show off your fun folds on the SUO Challenges blog.  Have fun getting crafty!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Tropical
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Blackberry Beauty DSP
Accessories:  Blackberry Beauty Ephemera Pack

No comments: