Sunday, August 1, 2021

Vibrant Bloom

Hey y'all!  How's it going?  Hubs, Ryan, and I got back on Friday night from spending the week in Switzerland--it was amazing!  But I think we're all glad to have a low-key weekend to relax before we get back in the swing of things tomorrow.  Had to check out what challenges were posted while we were gone, and then of course I had to make a card!


And today I'm just GOING FOR IT with ALL THE COLORS!  It's bold, but I like it.  I tried the color blocks and flower on a white card base and it just didn't seem to work quite right, so I went with the green.  Have I mentioned how much I love Just Jade?

Also love this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


Okay yes, I did pile a few elements on top of the sketch, but I definitely started here!  And if I wanted to go more CAS, I think it would have worked to just do the color blocks and add a sentiment to it.  I sponged a bit of ink around the edges of the blocks and added Wink of Stella to the flower because I always add Wink of Stella.

The fabulous colors are courtesy of the Color Throwdown:


I used Magenta Madness, Pumpkin Pie, Bumblebee, and Just Jade for my colors, though Granny Apple Green might have been a good choice too.  I'm sure this card will be on its way somewhere soon!

Have a great Sunday, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Art Gallery
Ink:  Just Jade, Bumblebee, Pumpkin Pie, Magenta Madness
Paper:  Just Jade, Bumblebee, Pumpkin Pie, Magenta Madness, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Floral Gallery dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Karren said...

Such a bright and vibrant card! And the flower is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

I love your bold pops of color, Christy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love your bold color blocks on this gorgeous design! Thanks for joining us at CTD!