Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Batty for Halloween

A conversation I had on WhatsApp yesterday with my friend Faith:

Faith:  I'm making a Christmas stocking...I have no idea why lol  I'm almost done and I'll prob make another one

Me:  I'm about to make a Halloween card in August.  Crafters gonna craft!

Faith:  Haha!  I wish I had Halloween colors {in yarn} and I'd make Halloween stockings lolol

True to my word, I did indeed make a Halloween card!


I could not resist making a Halloween card when I saw the Festive Friday challenge!


I used bats, night (the gray panel is the night sky with clouds), black, and embossing.  As I was going through my punches last week I found the spooky bats punch and thought it would be perfect for this.  I embossed the sentiment with white EP and originally I was going to just punch the bats out of black cardstock, but then I saw the Shimmery Black EP and of course THAT had to happen, so my bats are fancy!

I used the sketch from Inspired By...:


The cloud stamps are meant to stand in for the circles on the sketch, and then I put the bats on top plus one more for luck.  I'm also entering this at Retro Rubber:


Spooky Sweets was released in 2018, and Wonderfully Wicked in 2019, so they're both nice and retro for this challenge.  Heck, even my polka dot DSP is retro--I found a big scrap of it with my Pumpkin Pie cardstock and thought why not use that :)

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spooky Sweets, Wonderfully Wicked
Ink:  Versamark, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Gorgeous Grape, Thick Basic White, Pumpkin Pie DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Hippo & Friends dies, Spooky Bats punch, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, White EP, Shimmery Black EP

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is aDORable! Love the simplicity but you still nailed all the elements, got the sketch and used a retro stamp! You rock! I think I need to put away my Christmas stuff and get crackin' on some Halloween stuff too! And I think your friend should definitely make a Halloween stocking and fill it with candy! I'd love to see her pattern!

LeAnne said...

Ooops....And so happy you shared your card with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Danni Reid said...

Completely in love with your fun Halloween card! I love your interpretation of the sketch! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fantastic card! It's never too early for Halloween cards, and it worked perfectly for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Claire Grantham said...

Great minds! I have a few Halloween cards in progress too :) I love this, love your layers and that pop of purple is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love it! Crafters gotta craft and you crafting a fabulous Halloween card. Love the color combination and especially the retro polka dots! Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.