Wednesday, November 2, 2022

And So It Begins

I've done a couple of wintry cards so far this year, but I pretty much flatly refuse to make anything Christmasy at least until Halloween is past.  So today I have the first Christmas-related card of the year.


And it's more seasonal than pure Christmas anyway : )  I got out the long, long, long-retired Scentsational Season for this one.  SU! sold scented embossing powder the year they had this stamp set and it was early days for their dies, too, but I didn't get the EP because that just seemed a bit weird to me.  Anywha, I made this for the current Festive Friday challenge:


I used hot chocolate, cookies (well, one gingerbread cookie anyway), and circles.  I have to say this inspo list led me down several rabbit holes before I finally settled on what to do.  It wasn't until I remembered that Scentsational Season had both the gingerbread and the cocoa mug stamps that I finally committed any ink to paper.  The sentiment is a sticker that was in the Gingerbread & Peppermint Memories & More card stack from just one year ago, and the patterned paper is also from the Gingerbread & Peppermint stack.  It's fun to mix different "eras" of SU! stuff I think.  Also I've had red rhinestones in my embellishments box for *ages* but this is the first time I've used any on a card.  And actually I've made a couple of other cards since using them this week.

Gotta get the kiddo ready for school and I work today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Scentsational Season
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Thick Basic White, Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP Stack
Accessories:  Holiday Collection dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, red rhinestones

2 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a wonderful card, I just love the traditional colors and the friendship sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

I remember this bundle! It is a great choice for this challenge. Love the steam coming up from the mug. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday challenge.