Saturday, November 19, 2022

Just Us Chickens

Surprise Saturday post!  I made a card for a challenge and I wanted to make sure I got it posted while the challenge is still live.  So here it is:


I was reorganizing some of my embellishments yesterday (yes, I know I have a hoarding problem) and came across these chicken wire accents that came out a few years ago--I'd never even opened the package!  I had never inked up this stamp set either, it's called Hey Chick and it was a Sale-a-Bration offering a while back so at least I didn't pay for it if I never used it before?  I figured it was perfect for the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink:


When I first saw the inspo board, the two things that stood out to me were RED and CHICKENS so that's what I went with.  Having only a vague idea of what colors real chickens are, I just colored my two birds in a combination of Real Red and various neutral Blends.  I think I'm going to have to take that chicken on the left for another spin and give her like rainbow hair or something : )

I'm off, I've got to do a bit more shopping for Thanksgiving and I'm going to try to make a turkey all by my onesies this year.  I did a turkey breast quite a few years ago but I've never made a whole turkey.  Wish me luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hey Chick
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Ivory, various neutrals
Paper:  Real Red, Thick Basic White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Chicken Wire accent, Stitched So Sweetly dies, White EP, Mini Dimensionals

1 comment:

Annie A said...

Such a fun card, I love the colouring and that chicken wire accent. Thank you for sharing this week at Just Add Ink! Ann Alexander