Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Special Delivery

 Mornin' y'all!  Well, it's morning here for another 22 minutes at least.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning, ran a couple of errands, and now I'm back at the house waiting for our new furniture to be delivered while I eat a piece of pumpkin pie.  We tossed most of the Thanksgiving leftovers yesterday but I couldn't give up the last of the pumpkin pie or the sweet potato casserole.  The hubs ate the last of the apple pie yesterday.

Anyway, a card!


This *should* have been a very quick-and-easy card, but I could NOT get a good impression on the greeting stamp (and it's the *only* stamping on the whole card!).  I had wanted it stamped on the card front but it didn't look good, so then I stamped it several more times on scrap paper, cleaned the stamp, stamped more times, and after wasting like half a sheet of white cardstock I finally gave up.  And that, my friends, is why I much prefer red rubber stamps to photopolymer.  But they keep making images that I *like* only in photopolymer.  Grr.

Anyway, I used the latest challenge from Inspired By...:



And for good measure I used the sketch too:


It was fun choosing different colors for the presents; I had written down "bright pastels" when I jotted down the challenge parameters before I went up to my craft room.  I used Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Parakeet Party, Coastal Cabana, and Blushing Bride.  Wish we still had a nice baby pink that wasn't so peachy like Petal Pink.  I miss Powder Pink...

Anyway, guess I'll see if I can get anything useful done while I wait for the furniture people.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Santa's Delivery
Ink:  Parakeet Party
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Parakeet Party, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride, gold foil
Accessories:  1 1/4" square punch, Santa's Train dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is super-duper cute and a great take on the sketch and inspiration photo! Sometimes I use Versamark on my photopolymer stamps before inking them up. Something about it makes the ink work better. Just a suggestion! Just remember to clean it each time, LOL!

Laurel said...

Fabulous card and a great take on the inspiration! Thanks for playing at IB