Friday, November 18, 2022

Retro Owl

Happy Friday, y'all!  Ryan is back at school today and feelin' fine, so I'm home by myself and doing my best to be productive (...at least, after I spent some time randomly shopping for new pajamas for Ryan).  Got a new card hot off my craft table to share today.


Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, and Crushed Curry for my colors.  I have a pile of 1/2" wide scraps sitting on one of my bookshelves; Ryan likes to chop them up with my paper trimmer sometimes and I *always* have more from scrapbooking and card making.  I did have to cut a Pumpkin Pie scrap for this card though ;)  My owl is stamped in Soft Suede, but my ink pad is really, really, *really* juicy so he came out very dark even though I sponged some of the ink off the stamp before I stamped the image.  What can ya do.

Last up is the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge:


I suppose I could have linked up yesterday's card for this challenge, but I wanted to use a more whimsical owl, so I pulled out the old Check You Out stamp set (seriously, could we get more book-related stamps?) and Really Retro for the sentiment.  The retired glitter enamel dots are pretty retro too, I have a whole box of embellishments, many of which are retired and I don't really keep track since I'm just a hobby demo.  Which means I just buy what I want ; )

Have a great weekend, y'all!  The sun is shining today, hadn't seen that much this week...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Check You Out, Really Retro
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched with Whimsy dies, retired glitter enamel dots

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO cute...perfect for all of those challenges! I thought maybe you chose pajamas with owls on them for Ryan, LOL!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the challenges!! So Happy you joined us at CTD!!

Karren said...

This little owl is so cute! Great job combining challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

He is SO cute and I love him with this sketch - just some simple framing to show him off! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable CAS design! Love the strip weaving! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Nora Noll said...

You nailed all these challenges on the head. This is so cute!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Kanan Pandya said...

Fabulous CAS design. Love it. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!!