Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Sending Fall Flowers

Waahhhh, no more Halloween cards for this year!  I think next year I might do a 31 Days of Halloween series just so I can have more fun with my Halloween stamps.  I have more than enough Halloween sets to use a different stamp set every day for the entire month.  Do I *need* 31 Halloween cards?  Nope, but it'll be fun anyway!

Well, if I can't do Halloween cards (I mean, I could, but I'm not going to), how about a fall card for today?


I was intrigued by the color combination at Sunday Stamps:


Been a while since I got to play along over there.  Anyway, I read the colors as Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, the long-retired Bordering Blue, and Basic Gray (which is the only one I didn't use).  The main color looks gray in my photo but IRL it's more bluish.  I CASEd a card on page 166 of the annual catalog; I don't even like the sample card but somehow I like my version better.

That's it for me today, y'all.  I'm hoping to finish a layout I started working on yesterday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sending Smiles
Ink:  Bordering Blue, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Paper:  Bordering Blue, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Thick Basic White, Crushed Curry DSP
Accessories:  Sending dies, Stitched Greenery die, Stylish Shapes dies, Mini Dimensionals, Polished Dots

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hah, I am with you....31 Days of Halloween is probably not enough to use all mine either! But this sure is a gorgeous fall card! I love how you turned the square panel and this is my favorite embossed background! Gorgeous!

dj said...

LOL...I made the comment over on my blog a couple of days ago that I am done with Halloween card...so many challenges and not enough ways to use them!! Tee Hee!! But your fall card in our color palette is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!! #SS295

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, this is perfect! Love that stitched background, and your perfect layered arrangement on top - so perfect for our colors! Love the Fall look! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Christy, your card design and how you used this mix of colors is simply fabulous! And to top things off using thencover die for texture in the background seemed to just pull it all together. Love this! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Erin said...

This is so pretty! I love the leaves on the background and the sentiment is really sweet. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!