Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Foxy Cupcake

Hey y'all, how's your week going?  I'm up to my eyebrows in Thanksgiving prep!  I like to cook as much stuff in advance as I can, because there is NO way to have everything hot at the same time on Thanksgiving day, so we make up plates with the cold food, microwave that, and then pile on what's hot.  Plus the pies and things can be made ahead since they need to be cooled completely before serving anyway.  I made a schedule of what to make each day so I'll be ready tomorrow.

But for today, I made a card!


I've been having fun lately with retired stamp sets and the brand-new ones I just got and haven't inked up yet are definitely giving me side-eye.  I made this for the current Festive Friday challenge:


From the list, I used a cupcake, sprinkles (if the polka dots count), birthday sentiment, do Dimensionals count as a pop-up element?, and patterned paper.  Actually it was the patterned paper that started this card off; I searched through some scraps and came across the polka dots that I thought looked like sprinkles, and I thought they made good colors for a cupcake so I built the card around that.  The DSP is from an old stack called A Little Foxy.  Some of the patterns do have foxes on them, I can't believe I only used it once.  Well, no time like the present to use up a little more!

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweets & Treats
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Ivory
Paper:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Thick Basic White, A Little Foxy DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, white EP, Dimensionals, Fine Sparkle Gems

No comments: