Thursday, November 17, 2022

Striped Owl

Hey kids, it's 9 in the morning and the day has not gone to plan.  Ryan is home with a low-grade fever and sore throat, so I can't go to the Thanksgiving potluck at the hubs' work and I made a bunch of stuff for it :p Told the hubs he has to bring me back pieces of two things because I used new-to-me recipes and I want to try them.  On the up side, I get to stay at home in my nice warm jammies and it looks like it's going to rain and also I have my first cuppa tea for the day sitting next to me, so those are all good things.

So here's my card for today.


It ended up a bit darker than I really intended and I don't usually go much for the all-brown look.  It's definitely a masculine card!

Had to give the Sunday Stamps sketch a whirl:


And this fits with the Just Add Ink theme:


Which I missed the deadline for, but oh well, it *is* the reason I chose a bird for my card.

I'm going to go enjoy my nice cuppa tea and maybe cuddle on the couch with Ryan if he'll let me.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wildlife Wonder
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Neutrals DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Rustic Metal Adhesive Dots, Dimensionals

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

This card is AMAZING! I love that layout and your owl is fabulous! I predict a winner!

dj said...

Way to go creating a masculine take on our sketch challenge...perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC296

Heather said...

Very cool, Christy - this is the one image in this set that I haven't played with much yet - looks awesome in our layout! Great stitch details and papers, too - it's all so warm! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Nice twist on the sketch with symmetric smaller circles to offset the main image. Definitely a solid masculine card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love this masculine car and the plaid circles! Great way to use the sketch! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!