Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Ombre Shells

Mornin' y'all!  I'm pretty happy with the card I made to share today, take a look:


It's been a while since I inked up By the Seashore and I missed it!  Check out the current Retro Rubber Challenge:


By the Seashore (shells) has been in my collection for 10 years and it just so happens that the very first card I ever posted on this blog featured a shell from this stamp set.  It's Your Birthday (sentiment) has been in my collection for at least nine years, so both stamp sets are very retro.  Even my colors are retro, Dapper Denim and Tip Top Taupe are two In Colors from years past.

As soon as I saw this challenge, I thought of the Color Theory DSP Stack from several years ago, which has a variety of ombre patterns.  Then the question was what images to use, that decision took me like four times longer than making the card did!  Once I chose the Dapper Denim ombre and got the idea to stamp the shells, this card came together lickety-split thanks to the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


I like this one, it's different and it gave me a nice big panel to show off that ombre pattern.

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  By the Seashore, It's Your Birthday
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe, Dapper Denim
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Thick Basic Vanilla, Color Theory DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, pearls

6 comments:

Dena J said...

This is gorgeous! I love the shells and set on the neutral and ombre they are brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card with the Try Stampin' On Tuesday challenge.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, love your ombre background for the pretty shells! Thank you for sharing g your creations itt with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!!

LeAnne said...

Your ombre is PERFECT and I love these shells....perfect!

creative lady said...

love the ombre! thank you for playing along with retro rubber challenge blog.

Heather said...

Beautiful, Christy! Love that ombre background - I thought of this paper, too, but I think I must have set it free, sigh - lucky you to still have some! Love your pretty shells, too - great Retro Anniversary story, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber AND Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous birthday card. Loving the ombre look of the background paper. Great idea to "ground" the shells with the darker brown circles. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

sue n.